Saturday, March 16, 2013

MONARCH WAYSTATION ATTRACTS MONARCH BUTTERFLIES TO YARD

     Hello from Monarch Waystation No. 613 in Fremont, Ohio. I gathered photos of the Monarch butterflies that visited and laid eggs in my yard, where over 56 Common and Swamp milkweed plants were planted in my side and back yards. I collect the eggs, hatch them and raise the caterpillars until they encase in a chrysalis, then release the adult butterflies onto the nectar plants in my yard. I hope this video inspires others to plant milkweed plants in their yards and begin raising Monarchs, too! They need all the help they can get.  Hint: Put the video on "Full Screen"


 
 Create A Wildlife-Friendly Yard (CWFY) is dedicated to saving the Monarch Butterfly. We'd like to hear from you! Press HERE to contact us.